- 1 Nausea and Vomiting in cats and dogs with Kidney failure la Nux Vomica?
- 2 What to do against nausea and vomiting during chronic renal failure in cats and dogs?
- 3 Homeopathic remedies for nausea and vomiting
Nausea and Vomiting in cats and dogs with Kidney failure la Nux Vomica?
The homeopathic remedy Nux vomica is one of the polycrytes (wide-action remedy) of homeopathy, with multiple healing effects, in this article I wrote which ailments it can be used for and which are the various forms available: from the unitary remedy to complex remedies up to the homeopathic resonance complex for dogs and cats.
Nux vomica acts on both the central and peripheral nervous system, on the stomach and liver, useful in case of gastroesophageal reflux , acute and chronic gastritis , ulcers, nausea, IBD , colitis, constipation and cystitis .
Can nux vomica be effective when NAUSEA / VOMITO are induced by kidney disease?
TO MY NOTICE THE ANSWER IS YES!
The Nux vomica as a single remedy is useful in case of vomiting caused by colitis , nausea and heartburn.
Unfortunately, vomiting in a cat with renal insufficiency is not food-related , but is induced by gastric hyperacidity (I repeat this for years and yet many still have the rationale that nux vomica is the main remedy to calm nausea and vomiting in the course of chronic renal failure) , uremic gastritis (hypergastrinemia) and nitrogenous waste that the kidney is no longer able to filter, so opting for Nux vomica is not always the best choice.
What to do against nausea and vomiting during chronic renal failure in cats and dogs?
- Reduce uremia and azotemia
- Protect the gastric mucosa with natural remedies
- Choosing a good probiotic (ex: Probinul )
- Evaluate the use of the Heel Protocol
- Understanding the duration and frequency of nausea and any associated vomiting / abdominal pain / constipation
- Minimize / replace medications that can cause nausea and vomiting
- Check hydration
- Treat constipation if any
- Brush even short-haired cats every day to avoid hairballs
- Eliminate kibble and renal pet food, offer fresh and natural food
- Provide meals every 2/3 hours
- Choose functional remedies for hypegastrinemia, nausea and vomiting useful in case of CRI / CKD
Specific remedies for vomiting in case of CRI/CKD
Homeopathic remedies for nausea and vomiting
homeopathic remedy with antiemetic action : indicated in case of nausea and vomiting of various etiologies.
Slippery Elm helps neutralize stomach acid , reduces swelling and improves digestion, an essential supplement if you suffer from gastric reflux . A must!
The dust of red elm bark AniForte supports internal mucous membranes of the stomach and the intestinal wall.
- Improves the activity of the stomach and intestines
- Helps mucous membranes and digestive functions
- It has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties on the mucous membranes
Glycerine macerate of Ficus Carica, for our animals the Floripotentiated bud extract or FICUS CARICA Non-alcoholic bud extract from fresh buds useful in case of stomach acid, gastritis and heartburn.
Ipeca homeopathic remedy indicated in case of nausea and vomiting
Disclaimer: The contents are for informational purposes only and in no case can they constitute the prescription of a treatment or replace the specialist visit or the direct relationship with your veterinarian / doctor. All the information reported here derives from Bibliographic sources, personal experiences and clinical studies in the public domain. The information disseminated on the site is published after careful verification of the sources, chosen with care and updated and official as far as possible. All information on special diets and food supplements for pets is for informational purposes. This information serves as a general guideline, cannot be applied to all pets or considered as an alternative to professional advice. In These Pages, Alternative Therapy and Homeopathic Remedies Of Efficacy Not Scientifically Validated And Without Approved Therapeutic Indications Are Inserted And Presented. The products are not intended as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and must be used as part of a healthy lifestyle.