You can’t see them, but they’re always there. Ascarids, Ankylostomes, Tenia a risk to the health of our animals. That’s why you have to protect your dog and cat from infestations, using natural vermifuge prevention created ad hoc, effective and without side effects. For you I have chosen the best 5, find out what I use for my animals as a preventive treatment! 😉
Before listing the 5 best natural vermifuges for dog and cat, here are some tips that you already know but it is good to always make a reminder.
Some rules to follow to better protect your dog and cat
Periodically perform faecal examination.
During walks, make sure your dog does not smell faeces from other dogs.
If your dog doesn’t have a healthy digestive system, avoid feeding him raw food.
Be careful what you eat: raw meat is an ideal breeding ground for growing bacteria and parasites such as Tenie.
Beware of fleas and ticks that carry intestinal parasites!
If your cat lives in the garden she regularly gives you a natural vermifuge.
Natural remedies against fleas and ticks
If your dog or cat has worms, beware of these symptoms
Natural flea and worm treatment for cats
Dewormer Natural Cat Dog:
Natural formulas, we don’t water down our product, we use the most effective and complete natural ingredients to create a powerful concentrated formula for intestinal hygiene.
With the beginning of spring it is a must to plan a protection against fleas, This purely informative article wants to focus attention on Fipronil’s use and abuse and on the possible less harmful alternatives for our cat.
flea and Treatment Fipronil
We already had added the Fleas and natural treatments article (some remedies for the dog and the do-it-yourself flea trap); Now with this article we enter into the detail!
Fipronil is an external anti-parasitic medication against fleas, lice, ticks for dogs and cats. It is available as a spray preparation or spot-on and it is applied directly onto the skin, in accordance with the animal body weight. It Is sold in different concentrations
Precautions during application
- Wear gloves (avoid contact with skin, in case of accidental contact wash immediately with soap and water)
- Apply Fipronil only onto intact skin
- Leave on the cat the Elizabethan collar (E-Collar) for at least 2 hours after application, the cat must not lick him/herself
- Apply the Fipronil when the cat is quiet or sleeps to prevent applications in different area than that recommended
- Be careful if there are other animals living with the cat
- Attention do not apply the spot-on, when to the cat is administered pharmacologic therapy through injections in the same area (scruff of the neck) or hypodermoclysis
- Do not use on puppies before eighth week of life, and on underweight ones (less than 2 kg)
- Use under strict veterinary supervision in the presence of acute or chronic diseases
Treatment Fipronil contraindications and side effects
- Transient cutaneous reactions at the application site
- Skin discoloration
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Skin rash or itch
- Neurological disorders (hypersensitivity, depression, lack of coordination)
- Breathing problems
- Elevated cholesterol
- Reduced birth weight
Prolonged use over the years may favor liver damage, kidney disease, thyroid disease, lung tumor
Common sense as usual!
How to protect our cat from fleas?
Fleas are a very serious problem, leading to many severe diseases, often not immediately detectable such as: dermatitis, tapeworms, Mycoplasma haemofelis (ex. Haemobartonella felis); therefore it is necessary to properly evaluate the pros and cons before using chemical or natural products
Does the cat live in a risky area?
1. Does he live in an apartment?
2. Does he live with other cats?
3. Does he have kidneys or liver disorders?
The answers let us choose to use chemical or alternative anti-parasite, or both!
If the cat exclusively lives in the apartment and we just want to protect him during summer, we can apply:
From May to August 1 vial of fipronil divided in two applications, observing three weeks between an application and another, or divide a vial for 2 cats.
In addition it is useful to protect the cat weekly using a natural product.
Finally, from September to January administer oral supplements helps detoxify and strengthen: liver, kidneys and skin.
Natural flea and tick prevention for cats dogs
YES! BEST FLEA CONTROL
Protect your beloved dog or cat from fleas and Ticks and other parasites with:
Disclaimer: The contents are for informational purposes only and under no circumstances may they constitute a prescription for treatment or replace the specialist examination or the direct relationship with one’s veterinarian/medical practitioner. All the information reported here is derived from Bibliographic Sources, Personal Experience and Public Domain Clinical Studies. All information on special diets and dietary supplements for pets is for information purposes only. This information serves as a general guideline, cannot be applied to all pets or considered as an alternative to professional advice.